Google Analytics Tracker

Tuesday 26 July 2011

Caribbean Day & the Kits Festival



My good friend Miranda and I decided to head out for a fun filled day of photo opps!

We started out taking the sea bus over to North Van, then made our way just past the Quay.  There we found woman and men dressed in some very elaborate costumes, tons of cool trinket booths, loud Caribbean music, stage performances, Jamaican patties, corn on the cob, curries and our favorite... the mini doughnuts.

From there, we made our way back over the water and headed towards 4th and Yew for the Kitsilano Festival.  Again, there were a bunch of little booths, a live dj spinning vinyl, a mini half pipe and live music. We were there to check out this local band from Kelowna, Yukon Blonde.  They were absolutely fantastic!  Their EP comes out this month, so be sure to get your hands on a copy.  You won't be disappointed.

Here are some of my captures...

click on any photo to view entire album





    I don't know why, but I have an obsession with pocket watches...
  




    Our amazing city







    my photo friend, ms. miranda :)





    If looks could kill

    ditto









    beef sliders



    This makes me really want noodles...





    Remember this guy from much music?



    Yukon Blonde















    65redroses - please donate


No comments:

Post a Comment