Google Analytics Tracker

Wednesday 9 May 2012

Cabin Fever

I've been pretty terrible at blogging lately.   My apologies.

You know how life gets busy and time to yourself becomes scarce.  Well here's a little peek in to what I have been up to...

I spent some time up at my buddy's cabin in Harrison, B.C.  When you combine great friends, great food, great wine and solitude, you end up with a lot of laughs and some amazing memories.

My hombre Mikey and I got to spend some quality cooking time together where we were able to experiment in our food lab.   He had his smoker all fired up where we had 10hr smoked pork butt for pulled pork and 2 different kinds of bacon.  We made am amazing prime rib, cheesy mash, creamed spinach and a LOT of gravy (the way to my heart).

Needless to say, we stuffed ourselves to the brim with incredible food and wine to complement.  We danced the night away to the tunes of Al Green, Neil Young & even some wicked Blue Grass.  In the afternoon we heading out to the lake for a canoe trip.  I'm so blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life.  :)

This is my track for the weekend (check it out):  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9yibUR5KNI&sns=fb

Here are some of my favorite shots from our trip...


click on any photo to view entire album































 






















































































































No comments:

Post a Comment